The online catalog includes the most recent changes to courses and degree requirements that have been approved by the Faculty Senate, including changes that are not yet effective.
WARNING: The following information reflects a minor option which expired as of Summer 2020. Please click the appropriate link under "Minors" on the right side of this page to view the currently effective requirements for this minor. If a link to this minor does not appear, the minor may no longer be available, or may be available under a different academic unit. You can find past requirements under the appropriate archived catalog.
Please see the Carson College of Business section of this Catalog for additional instructions and timeline for certification into a minor. To be eligible to apply for certification in the entrepreneurship minor, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be certified in a major
- WSU cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 and not on academic probation
The entrepreneurship minor requires 18 credits of coursework including:
- ACCTG 230
- ENTRP 426
- One management course: ENTRP 489, ENGR 401, or an approved substitute
- One marketing/communication course: ENTRP 490, COMSTRAT 380, or an approved substitute
- Two semesters of business plan courses (minimum 6 credits):
- ENTRP 485 and 486
- ENTRP 496 and 496 (Special Topics)
- BIO ENG 410 and 411
- or approved substitutes
- Students must maintain and overall GPA of 2.50 in the entrepreneurship minor courses
- A minimum of 9 credits of upper-division coursework must be taken in residence at WSU or through WSU-approved education abroad or educational exchange courses.
Students must ensure that they meet all course prerequisites before enrolling in any College of Business courses.