The online catalog includes the most recent changes to courses and degree requirements that have been approved by the Faculty Senate, including changes that are not yet effective.
WARNING: The following information reflects a minor option which expired as of Summer 2023. Please click the appropriate link under "Minors" on the right side of this page to view the currently effective requirements for this minor. If a link to this minor does not appear, the minor may no longer be available, or may be available under a different academic unit. You can find past requirements under the appropriate archived catalog.
The Creative Writing minor requires a minimum of 16 credits, at least 9 of which must be upper-division and taken in residence at WSU or through WSU-approved education abroad or educational exchange courses. Required courses include ENGLISH 251 or 252; 9 credits to be chosen from ENGLISH 351, 352, 353, 354, 355, 358, 359, 446, 451, 452, 453; 3 credits of any 300-400 level ENGLISH course; and 1 credit of ENGLISH 357 358, 498, 499.
Schedules of Studies
- Creative Writing Option
- Integrative English Studies Option
- Linguistics Option
- Literary Studies Option
- Rhetoric and Professional Writing Option
- Teaching Option with Certification
- Teaching Option without Certification
- Humanities Minor
- Creative Writing
- Professional Writing
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate
- Editing and Publishing Certificate
- Professional Writing Certificate
- Professional Science and Technology Writing Certificate
- Social and Environmental Justice Certificate