The online catalog includes the most recent changes to courses and degree requirements that have been approved by the Faculty Senate, including changes that are not yet effective. Courses showing two entries of the same number indicate that the course information is changing. The most recently approved version is shown first, followed by the older version, in gray, with its last-effective term preceding the course title. Courses shown in gray with only one entry of the course number are being discontinued.
Mechanical Engineering(125 Hours)
1) The School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering will establish the total number of students to be certified into the Mechanical Engineering program.
2) Students should apply for certification in the semester after they have completed the following five courses: MATH 171, MATH 172, CHEM 105, PHYSICS 201, and CE 211. Students must have a minimum 2.5 cum gpa and a C or better grade for each of the five courses listed above to be considered for certification.
3) Students need to submit an application for certification to the Undergraduate Student Services office, Sloan 205 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is the Monday after finals week in December and May for the fall and the spring semester respectively.
4) The applicants will be ranked based on the average gpa of the math, science, and engineering courses completed. For those who are borderline, the semester and cumulative gpa will be considered and used as a reference. In addition to gpa, other factors may also be taken into consideration, such as the number of math, science, and engineering courses taken at WSU. The committee has the authority to weigh these factors in its decision for certification.
5) Students who are deficient under the University’s Educational Policies & Procedures are subject to decertification. The undergraduate studies committee will determine the eligibility and probation conditions for decertified students who will be permitted to apply for recertification.
6) Any further questions should be addressed to the Student Service Office locate in Sloan 205 or email@example.com.
|CHEM 105 [PSCI]||4|
|ENGLISH 101 [WRTG]||3|
|HISTORY 105 [ROOT]||3|
|MATH 171 [QUAN]||4|
|Biological Sciences [BSCI]||3|
|Creative & Professional Arts [ARTS]||3|
|CPT S 121, 251, 253, or E E 221||2|
|ECONS 102 [SSCI]||3|
|Complete Writing Portfolio|
|E E 304||2|
|ME 316 [M]||3|
|ENGLISH 402 [WRTG]||3|
|ME 406 [M]||3|
|ME 416 [CAPS]||3|
|1||Technical Elective: ME 431, 436, 439, or as approved by advisor in ME or MSE. (MSE 440 excluded).|